Connmanctl and sftp-server are missing from the root fs in the 2018.10 sdimage for the Cyclone V SoC

It appears that connmanctl and sftp-server are missing from the sdimage for the Cyclone V SoC that is at https://releases.rocketboards.org/release/2018.10/gsrd/cv_gsrd/sdimage.tar.gz.

They are also missing from the sdimage at https://releases.rocketboards.org/release/2019.04/gsrd/cv_gsrd/sdimage.tar.gz.

What is the best way to get these programs into my root file system?

Does opkg work ok for you? There should be packages to install for both of those. I’m not sure where the repository for the connman package is. The ones for ssh is through openwrt: https://openwrt.org/packages/index/network---ssh

SusananhM: Thanks for the tip. I am up and going with the 18.1 sdimage now.

To get started, I ran “opkg update”. “opkg update” was necessary to get all the connman and openssh packages into the list.

To add connmanctl, I ran the following commands:
opkg install connman-client
opkg install connman-angstrom-settings

To add sftp-server, I ran the following command:
opkg install openssh-sftp-server

I have same problem, too. My Angstrom 2018.06 hasn’t these packages, so I installed them after with these commands.
After update/upgrade, I have problem to make manual reboot. Linux give these messages and don’t perform reboot!!!
So, it is impossible to save , for example, a static IP set with connmanctl commands.
Have you similar issue after update/upgrade your Angstrom 2018 system???

systemd 239 running in system mode. (+PAM -AUDIT -SELINUX +IMA -APPAR MOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP -LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ +LZ4 -SECCOMP +BLKID -ELFUTIL S +KMOD -IDN2 +IDN -PCRE2 default-hierarchy=hybrid)
[ 2137.256248] systemd[1]: Detected architecture arm.
[ 2137.597722] systemd[1]: File /lib/systemd/system/systemd-journald.service:36 configures an IP firewall (IPAddressDeny=any), but the local system does not support BPF/cgroup based firewallin g.
[ 2137.615376] systemd[1]: Proceeding WITHOUT firewalling in effect! (This warning is only shown for the first loaded unit using IP firewalling.)
[ 2137.820336] systemd[1]: Configuration file /lib/systemd/system/fpga-overlay.service is marked executable. Please remove executable permission bits. Proceeding anyway.
[ 2137.841355] systemd[1]: Configuration file /lib/systemd/system/altera-gsrd.service is marked executable. Please remove executable permission bits. Proceeding anyway.

Using the sdimage from /release/2018.10/gsrd/cv_gsrd/sdimage.tar.gz, I did an opkg update without doing opkg upgrade and only installed the three packages listed above. I could not get reboot or poweroff to work.

I then started with the sdimage from /release/2019.04/gsrd/cv_gsrd/sdimage.tar.gz. Then I only did an opkg update and installed the three packages listed above. reboot and poweroff works okay. opkg upgrade seems to be a problem.

Thanks, so It’s better to do an opkg for each package… I try to install a sftp… but suggested

opkg install openssh-sftp-server

doesn’t work … Launching it I obtain:

no packages installed or removed…

:-(((( How I cand install a sftp server? I need to move files from my embedded system to PC but If I make a paste and copy from DS-5 sftph session, it doesnt’ work …

Thanks for any suggestion to move file easily from and to embedded… :-///

I used opkg update first.

After the sftp server is installed, I use psftp from PuTTY to move files to and from the embedded system. I have also used the Remote System Explorer in DS-5 to copy files between my computer (Local) and the embedded system.