Sopc2dts, what means "Transparent bridge not yet supported"?

Dear reader,

Tl;dr: Does anybody know what the “Transparent bridge fifo_65_0 of type altera_avalon_fifo not yet supported.” means and how it could be fixed?

I am trying to generate and dts file of my qsys system. It consists out of a HPS, a custom IP, 2 FIFO’s, and some other components. I try to use the FIFO’s to store data between my custom IP and the HPS. It all compiles without any problems. However when I try to generate a dts file via sopc2dts

sopc2dts --input soc_system.sopcinfo --output soc_system.dts --type dts --bridge-removal all --clocks

I get the following mesages back:

Transparent bridge in fifo_65_0 of type altera_avalon_fifo is not yet supported.
Transparent bridge in fifo_57_0 of type altera_avalon_fifo is not yet supported.

I already tried to use only a design with a clock source and a FIFO and ran the sopc2dts file with minimal arguments (sopc2dts --input fifo_tryout.sopcinfo --output soc_system.dts --type dts), but this very simplistic setup already results in the given message.

Although the sopc2dts command does output a file, it seems that the FIFO’s (and also my custom ip, which is connected to the FIFO’s) are not included. Therefore I suspect this message/notice results in absence of the FIFO’s and possibly the absence of my custom ip in the output file. Therefore I am trying to fix this problem, but days of work has not yet resulted in a solution.

Does anybody knows what this message means? And how it could (possibly) be fixed?

I am using Quartus Prime 17.1 build 590 and sopc2dts version 17.1 [9b3346002ac555f36b80b1bc56dad1cb86298234]

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Wobbert

I found my solution! I Assumed that my Custom IP and a PLL in my Qsys design didn’t end-up in the DTS due to this messages. However I realized this morning that this is the case due to that the HPS is not connected to my custom IP and the PLL xD According to https://lists.rocketboards.org/pipermail/rfi/2014-January/001041.html, you could safely ignore this message, so I am going to do that!

Hi wobbert,
I have the same problem like you:
Transparent bridge in fifo_FPGA_to_HPS of type altera_avalon_fifo is not yet supported.
Transparent bridge in fifo_HPS_to_FPGA of type altera_avalon_fifo is not yet supported.

The communication HPS to FPGA work done, (without FIFO).
The problem is, when I trying to implement two FIFO’s (for permanent communication between FPGA and HPS) . This example https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/Projects/CycloneVHPSFIFO doesn’t work for me and i have no idea why? Can you help me, to implement the FIFO’s.
I use the OnChip-RAM and then put the data to HPS…so the plan…

Dear Omicron8,
As stated in my post of December 17th, in my case I could safely ignore the error messages. If you have not yet tried to do so, please give it a try. Otherwise I don’t think I can give you any form of assistance since I have very limited knowledge of this topic. Hope this helps you.