Yocto build fails while retrieving socfpga-3.10-ltsi

Hello,

I am trying to buld the yocoto-build for the Arrow SoCKit, based on the instructions here : http://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/Documentation/YoctoDoraBuildWithMetaAltera.

The buld fails with the following error :
ERROR: Fetcher failure: Unable to find revision c8b20a46b9ea107d348901379bcc0f13b65f3bc9 in branch socfpga-3.10-ltsi even from upstream

My guess is that the revision has changed. How can I resolve this issue?

Any help would be appreciated!

Greetings,
Paul

Iā€™m getting the same things in the SoCKit instructions at http://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/Documentation/GSRD150CompilingLinuxArrowSoCKitEdition (tab 3). Something must have changed somewhere. Iā€™m new at this embedded Linux thing so Iā€™m not sure where to look next.
Thanks!
Craig

I noticed the same problem with the GSRD 15.0 version, tab 3, Arrow Sockit.

ERROR: Fetcher failure: Unable to find revision (ā€¦) in branch socfpga-3.10-ltsi

Any suggestion ?

Thanks,
Mario.

It looks as though someone has rebased the branch in the altera-opensource repository, without realising that this would invalidate every other copy of the branch and every reference to commits in it. That is why rebasing a public branch is a bad idea.

~/git/altera-opensource/linux-socfpga]$ git checkout socfpga-3.10-ltsi
Checking out files: 100% (41754/41754), done.
Switched to branch 'socfpga-3.10-ltsiā€™
Your branch and ā€˜origin/socfpga-3.10-ltsiā€™ have diverged,
and have 2993 and 5659 different commits each, respectively.
(use ā€œgit pullā€ to merge the remote branch into yours)
ā€¦
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/usb/host/xhci.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/usb/host/xhci-hub.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/usb/core/hub.c
ā€¦ etc ā€¦
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Makefile

PRobably Altera need to fix this and push the old branch back to their public repo. However in the meantime, the new hash for the that commit seems to be 7cfdf39f38347bfc1859b430498799e79c365d56
(note, I found that by grepping the log, I havenā€™t checked for any other changes in the tree that might cause problems).

1 Like

Nick,

Could you please elaborate on what we need to do to fix this issue. I am not familiar with the git commands.

Thanks

Is there any way this can be fixed on user side? I was not able to find the original hash in any config file, so I donā€™t know where to change this to the new hash.

Iā€™m getting frustrated, this is the fourth release Iā€™m trying to build and all of them have some problems somewhere.

Iā€™m not that much of a git expert myself but there is some sound looking advice at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/134882/undoing-a-git-rebase

Hopefully you still have the ORIG_HEAD tag mentioned in the article, and havenā€™t done any further merges or rebases since. Otherwise look at the processes involving reflogs. Iā€™d make sure to take a backup and try it first, of course.

Where exactly you need to do this will probably depend on whether the problem arose by working direct on the public repository, or on an in-house repo that got pushed to the public one.

I hope this can help you recover, anyway.

Tobias, as I look at those instructions I think you should be able to use git to find the recipe involved. Do ā€œgit grep c8b20a46b9ea107d348901379bcc0f13b65f3bc9ā€ in each of the poky directory, the meta-altera and meta-linaro directories. I expect it will be in meta-altera but worth checking them all. Iā€™m using another vendor repo based on another branch, so donā€™t have the same view as you do.

Nick, thank you for your suggestions. However, I had no luck in finding the release in any of my directories.

Is there maybe a way to change the recipe to use the new hash? (Iā€™m not that experienced in using yoctoā€¦)

Hello,

I also did not find the old hash in the Yocto-files. Since this is my first attempt at Yocto I am absolutely a newbie at this system.

Thank you all for the replies so far.