A10 GSRD Yocto bitbake ERROR

I have been following the GSRD instructions for 16.0 Rev B (I have an ES2 board).

Everything was going well until the section “Build Linux Kernel and Rootfs Using Yocto Recipes”.

I ran the following without apparent issue.
cd ~
$ git clone https://github.com/altera-opensource/angstrom-socfpga.git
$ cd angstrom-socfpga/
$ git checkout -b test_branch ACDS16.0_REL_GSRD_PR
$ MACHINE=arria10 ./oebb.sh config arria10
$ export BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE="$BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE KERNEL_TAG KERNEL_BRANCH UBOOT_TAG"
$ export KERNEL_TAG=refs/tags/ACDS16.0_REL_GSRD_PR
$ export KERNEL_BRANCH=socfpga-3.10-ltsi
$ source ./environment-angstrom-v2014.12

(skipped centos line as I’m building on Ubuntu 14.04)

However on running the final bitbake line -

$ MACHINE=arria10 bitbake virtual/kernel gsrd-console-image

It immediately returns an error -

root@server-1:/samba/PT-Share/CodeStore/Altera/Kernel/angstrom-socfpga# MACHINE=arria10 bitbake virtual/kernel console-image
NOTE: Started PRServer with DBfile: /samba/PT-Share/CodeStore/Altera/Kernel/angstrom-socfpga/cache/prserv.sqlite3, IP: 127.0.0.1, PORT: 46516, PID: 17068
ERROR: OE-core’s config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
_ Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf)._
_ Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:_

_ Do not use Bitbake as root._

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

On checking conf/ there is no sanity.conf.

Any further pointers would be gratefully received.

Gary

Ok I had a shiny new production board through this morning so I’ve moved over to the 16.1 build.

As this is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS I think it has got me over my initial issue, or at least allowed me to get further.

gnewman@server-1:~/angstrom-build$ bitbake gsrd-console-image
NOTE: Started PRServer with DBfile: /home/gnewman/angstrom-build/cache/prserv.sqlite3, IP: 127.0.0.1, PORT: 36335, PID: 2100
WARNING: kdepimlibs: LICENSE value “GPL-2 BSD LGPL-2.1” has an invalid format - license names must be separated by the following characters to indicate the license selection: &|() 00:01:30
WARNING: kdepimlibs: LICENSE value “GPL-2 BSD LGPL-2.1” has an invalid format - license names must be separated by the following characters to indicate the license selection: &|()
WARNING: libeigen2: LICENSE value “GPLv3 LGPLv3” has an invalid format - license names must be separated by the following characters to indicate the license selection: &|()
WARNING: parse-embedded-sdks: LICENSE value “Parse License” has an invalid format - license names must be separated by the following characters to indicate the license selection: &|() 01:25
WARNING: Unable to get checksum for u-boot-edison-fw-utils SRC_URI entry arria10.env: file could not be found | ETA: 00:00:50
WARNING: Unable to get checksum for u-boot-edison SRC_URI entry arria10.env: file could not be found
WARNING: Unable to get checksum for linux-driver-package SRC_URI entry ld.so.conf: file could not be found
NOTE: Error during finalise of /home/gnewman/angstrom-build/sources/meta-altera/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-altera_4.4.bb | ETA: 00:00:49
NOTE: Error during finalise of /home/gnewman/angstrom-build/sources/meta-altera/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-altera-ltsi-rt_4.1.22.bb

ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing /home/gnewman/angstrom-build/sources/meta-altera/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-altera_4.4.bb: Failure expanding variable bbfatal_log: ExpansionError: Failu re expanding variable SRCPV, expression was ${@bb.fetch2.get_srcrev(d)} which triggered exception FetchError: Fetcher failure: Unable to resolve ‘refs/tags/ACDS16.1_REL_GSRD_PR’ in upstream git repository in git ls-remote output for github.com/altera-opensource/linux-socfpga.git

NOTE: Error during finalise of /home/gnewman/angstrom-build/sources/meta-altera/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-altera-ltsi_4.1.bb
NOTE: Error during finalise of /home/gnewman/angstrom-build/sources/meta-altera/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-altera-ltsi_4.1.22.bb
NOTE: Error during finalise of /home/gnewman/angstrom-build/sources/meta-altera/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-altera-dev_4.4.bb
NOTE: Error during finalise of /home/gnewman/angstrom-build/sources/meta-altera/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-altera-ltsi-dev_4.1.bb
NOTE: Error during finalise of /home/gnewman/angstrom-build/sources/meta-altera/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-altera_4.3.bb

Summary: There were 7 WARNING messages shown.
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Im assuming the license formats can be ignored ??

Unable to resolve ‘refs/tags/ACDS16.1_REL_GSRD_PR’ seems suspicious but this was set in the line
export KERNEL_TAG=refs/tags/ACDS16.1_REL_GSRD_PR as per instructions.

I’m afraid I’m a bit new to yocto, any pointers would be appreciated.

Gary

Re-running the bitbake command this morning and it has all sprung to life.

Im assuming something got fixed over night in the Angstrom repository.