EXT3-fs error with >2GB SD cards

Hi all,
I used since 2014 Arrow SockIt to develop a new product for my company.
My system is based mainly on GSRD and GHRD prescriptions and settings, one of them was to prepare SD cards using 2GB size, which is also creating three partitions:

mmcblk0p1 d7e7bbf7-01 (FAT32)
mmcblk0p2 d7e7bbf7-02 (EXT3)
mmcblk0p3 d7e7bbf7-03 (boot)

After long time we decided to increase SD card size up to 64GB and 32GB (which increases ext3 partition). After doing that we started experiencing serious issues related to ext3 filesystem corruption. After few hours usage and few reboots, our system fails to boot and dmesg shows:

EXT3-fs (mmcblk0p2): warning: ext3_clear_journal_err: Filesystem error recorded from previous mount: IO failure
EXT3-fs (mmcblk0p2): warning: ext3_clear_journal_err: Marking fs in need of filesystem check.
EXT3-fs (mmcblk0p2): warning: mounting fs with errors, running e2fsck is recommended
EXT3-fs (mmcblk0p2): using internal journal
EXT3-fs (mmcblk0p2): recovery complete
EXT3-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode

Or, alternatively:
EXT3-fs error (device mmcblk0p2): ext3_check_descriptors: Block bitmap for group 0 not in group (block 2553887680)!
EXT3-fs (mmcblk0p2): error: group descriptors corrupted
EXT2-fs (mmcblk0p2): error: couldn’t mount because of unsupported optional features (4)
EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): ext4_check_descriptors: Block bitmap for group 0 not in group (block 2553887680)!
EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): group descriptors corrupted!

We never had this issue with 2GB SD cards. Being that our system is running only User Space applications, I suppose that this could be related to Linux Kernel bugs.

SD card bus speed is set at 12,5MHz

uname -r reveals that I’m running a pretty old version, 3.9.0m while last image available v16 is based on Kernel version 3.10.

Did you ever experienced this issue before? Do you think would be useful to upgrade Linux kernel to 3.10 release?
Thanks,