FPGA/HPS Bridge - enabling directly in Linux - or "How to make it right way"?

Hi,
I’m using the Atlas Kit for a student project.
I build a Linux and U-Boot like described here https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/DE0-Nano-SoC+Kit#DE0-Nano-SoCKit-Ubuntu16.04LTS.
Everything works fine and I’m quite happy.
But the communication to the fpga does not work correctly. When accessing a well defined component with an address, I always get (in linux) bus error.
So I boot into Uboot and accessing the address the same way. Processor hangs up and started again, so I run bridge enable, accessing then the address and it works. So the problem is, that the fpga bridge is not enabled.
The question is:

1. How to enabling the fpga-hps bridge the right way? Do I need to modify the device tree?
  2. Is there a “diry” way to enabling it directly from my Code within Linux?

My fpga-manager seems to work fine, there are not dmesg outputs which could suggest something other.

You really should add the bridges to your device tree.

You can enable the bridges in your device tree. The bridge nodes have an “bridge-enable” property. See Documentation/devicetree/bindings/fpga/altera-hps2fpga-bridge.txt in your kernel sources.

If you omit the “bridge-enable” property, the driver will leave the bridge in their current state, i.e. you can just add the “bridge_enable” command to your bootcmd variable in U-Boot. This will enable the bridges whenever you boot.