How to configure the kernel "linux-socfpga" from windows

Hi,

Recently I have started working with Altera cyclone V SoC with ARM Dual-core A9. In the current time, I am trying to create a linux module (just a simple device driver). Firstly, I have already downloaded the github repisotery ‘linux-socfpga’ but I still wasn’t able to configure it via cyguin (from Windows10). Secondly, I had a lot of unknown errors when I tried to build my first kernel module, even I had already linkd my developement plateforme (DS-5 ARM Altera Edition v2013 - eclipse) to the repository in question to find all the includes.

Buid console: errors examples:
C:…\DS-5 Workspace13-2\linux-socfpga\include/linux/page-flags-layout.h:5:30: fatal error: generated/bounds.h: No such file or directory

Thanks in advance
All my best,

I’m not sure I can help with Cygwin issues as I use Linux for dev, but for building modules against the kernel source it looks like you need to run make prepare. For posterity, these are the important bits in my experience to get kernel source ready to be built against:

export ARCH=arm
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- 
make socfpga_defconfig
make prepare
make scripts

To build modules for Angstrom I compiled Angstrom. I think you have to compile the Angstom or Poky or whatever OS you are using and not to erase the sources. Then I use the following Makefile to build the module:

https://github.com/robertofem/CycloneVSoC_Examples/blob/master/DE1-SoC/Linux_Modules/Enable_PMU_user_space/Makefile