Yocto and "arm-altera-eabi-" usage

I’ve tried a linaro, which works fine. But now I need to use "arm-altera-eabi-"
How can I setup yocto project to use altera’s tools?

I’ve found something about “meta-sourcery” and TCMODE. Is it a right way or is there some simpler version?

I use yocto “daisy” as described on the page “http://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/Documentation/YoctoDoraBuildWithMetaAltera”. But there is no information how to use “arm-altera-eabi-”:frowning:

What are you specifically trying to do?

The arm-altera-eabi- toolchain is for bare-metal, and Yocto is used for Linux. If you’re trying to build a bare-metal application then you don’t need to use Yocto.

Sorry for typo, the right prefix is “arm-linux-gnueabihf-”. I want to compile rootfs and linux etc. How to do it?

I have tried e.g. without success:

TCMODE = "external-linaro"
EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN = “/home/duna/yocto/daisy/tools/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-2012.06-20120625_linux”

ERROR: QA Issue: external-linaro-toolchain: Files/directories were installed but not shipped
/usr/sbin
/usr/bin
/usr/share/lintian
/usr/share/lintian/overrides
/usr/share/lintian/overrides/libc6-dev
/usr/share/lintian/overrides/libc6
/usr/share/lintian/overrides/libc-bin
/usr/lib/liblzma.so.5
/usr/lib/liblzma.so.5.0.0
/usr/lib/external-linaro-toolchain
/lib/libattr.so.1
/lib/libacl.so.1.1.0
/lib/libattr.so.1.1.0
/lib/libgfortran.spec
/lib/libacl.so.1
ERROR: QA Issue: non -staticdev package contains static .a library: libmudflap-dev path '/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/external-linaro-toolchain/20120625-r2/packages-split/libmudflap-dev/lib/libmudflapth.a’
ERROR: QA Issue: non -staticdev package contains static .a library: libmudflap-dev path '/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/external-linaro-toolchain/20120625-r2/packages-split/libmudflap-dev/lib/libmudflap.a’
WARNING: QA Issue: ELF binary ‘/home/richard/yocto/daisy/gateway-try-downloads/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/external-linaro-toolchain/20120625-r2/packages-split/libitm/lib/libitm.so.1.0.0’ has relocations in .text
ERROR: QA run found fatal errors. Please consider fixing them.
ERROR: Function failed: do_package_qa
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/richard/yocto/daisy/gateway-try-downloads/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/external-linaro-toolchain/20120625-r2/temp/log.do_package.12178
ERROR: Task 57 (/home/richard/yocto/daisy/poky/meta-linaro/meta-linaro-toolchain/recipes-devtools/external-linaro-toolchain/external-linaro-toolchain.bb, do_package) failed with exit code ‘1’

Please just dont use an external toolchain. The build will build the linaro toolchain from source in any case.

Ok I leave this idea with an external tool. I will use linaro and a I deploy sdk. Thank you.