Yocto Build fails: No recipes in default available

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to execute the standard Yocto buildscript “create-linux-distro-release” as described on the Arria 10 SoC GSRD page.

The first time it failed because there was a fetching error. The standard value for LINUX_VER is set to 5.4.114 but there is no such branch in the altera-opensource/linux-socfpga github repo.
I changed the Version to the default branch version number 5.4.124.

I started the script again and then it terminated with the following error:
ERROR: No recipes in default available for:
./yocto/arria10-gsrd-rootfs/…/meta-intel-fpga-refdes/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-socfpga_v2020%.bbappend

I searched the web and found that this means, there is no recipe with the name of the .bbappend file. I wonder how i can fix this error because running the buildscript automatically overwrites any changes I apply to the files. Also I don’t know why this file is even relevant because the default value for UBOOT_VER in the create-linux-distro-release script is set to “v2021.04”

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Sebastian

I could successfully initiate the poky build by removing the file causing the error (“meta-intel-fpga-refdes/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-socfpga_v2020%.bbappend”).
Afterwards I went through the steps of the “build_linux_distro()” function from the “create-linux-distro-release” script manually in the command line.

It is currently building without any further errors.

Can someone tell me if this is a bug and what the purpose of the removed file is?

Best regards
Sebastian